60th ANNIVERSARY REUNION & CELEBRATION
"Find us Faithful"
OH, WHAT A CELEBRATION!
“Our future will be most fruitful if its roots are well nourished by our past.” Alpine’s 60th Anniversary Reunion and Celebration on September 15th-17th certainly clarified its original story through our founding fathers’ testimonies, and connected our current staff to the people who embodied its original purpose of helping churches disciple their children. Gaining insight from the past has energized the staff and supporters of the present.
- We celebrated with founding father, Dan Seagren, and his inspiring and well-told story of how, in 1956, after looking at 40 sites on behalf of the California Conference of Covenant churches, God opened the door to purchase Alpine’s present site, starting with just 3 acres! And on a stormy and foggy March day in 1957, over 700 people traveled up the mountain to show their support of this step of faith!
- We celebrated with Jim and Gordon Stayboldt and ECC President Gary Walters through their video greetings and their individual and corporate connections to this vital ministry.
- We celebrated through former staff and campers’ testimonies describing how God intersected with their lives at Alpine forming their views of ministry and growth. So many have gone on to be pastors, teachers and servants in their fields of work.
- We celebrated while reminiscing over great food, shared memories and laughter.
- We celebrated while playing our hearts out, camp-style, at the zip line, archery, airsoft and the ropes course, and relaxed by visiting the Branch for drinks, snacks and Alpine souvenirs.
- We celebrated with pictures taken and shared through FaceBook and other social media venues.
We celebrated with close to 300 attendees, many of whom looked through the archives on display to find their own camp photos and memories, reconnecting to their past …and how God made a difference in their lives through their early years at Alpine.
In fact, the celebration continues… every time a camper or guest is reconciled or restored, renewed or rejuvenated while on the grounds and through the ministry of Alpine Camp and Conference.